CHARLOTTE, N.C.- Two area ponds have tested positive for a dangerous bacteria that can be dangerous for people and pets.
This news comes after three dogs died of being exposed to the blue-green algae last week in a Wilmington pond.
A pond in the Tall Oaks neighborhood in Mooresville and one at Robbins Park in Cornelius carry the toxic algae, officials said.
A neighborhood resident said he was suspicious when he found hundreds of dead fish in the pond a couple of weeks ago.
"Nobody could believe all the fish died," the resident, who did not want to be identified, said. "It is scary not knowing what is going on."
People and pets should stay away from water if there is green scum, discoloration or a foul order.
Visit WSOCTV for more details.